Fika Tote PDF Pattern
Note: This is a digital (PDF) sewing pattern.
Fika is a Swedish word, meaning ‘to have coffee’. The classic clean lines of this mid-sized tote give a nod to my Scandinavian heritage. The Fika Tote has plenty of features you’ll love, like front pockets, a back lapped zipper pocket, recessed zipper closure and padded pockets. Take this tote on your next visit with friends!
- two front pockets for things you need to keep close at hand
- back lapped zippered pocket
- optional recessed zipper (it's optional, but I know you'll love it!)
- makes a great work or student bag, padded interior pockets can accommodate most laptop sizes
Please see materials list and purchasing information below.
Requirements based on 44”-wide fabric.
- 1 yard Exterior Fabric
- 1/2 yard Accent Fabric
- 2 yards Lining Fabric (includes interior pockets)
- 3 yards Fusible Woven Interfacing (Pellon SF101 - 20”-wide)
- 3/4 yard Foam Stabilizer (byAnnie’s Soft & Stable (58”-wide) or 2 yards Pellon Foam Flex (20”-wide) or 1 yard Pellon 987f fusible fleece (44”-wide)
- (1) 18”-20” zipper (closed-ended or separating) for recessed zip closure
- (1) 30” handbag (head-to-head or single pull) zipper for back exterior pocket (will be shortened)
Additional supplies + tools: Polyester thread, water-soluble pen/tailor’s chalk, cutting mat, ruler, rotary cutter, glue pen (Sewline glue pen is my favorite), size 14 or 16 denim or Microtex needle, turning tool, pinking shears
- Please download the pattern file to your computer!!!
- You will have 9 download attempts, keep in mind each time you open to view the file counts as an attempt.
- This pattern is a PDF file instant download. Please be sure to check the email address you entered at checkout, the instant download link will be sent to that email address (a receipt screen with the download link will also pop up after you complete the transaction).
- This is a PDF pattern with rotary cutting instructions/measurements (and corner template/pocket pattern piece), label sheet, and includes detailed step-by-step instructions and professional illustrations.
- Sell finished items! You (the purchaser of this pattern) can sell finished items made using this pattern (on a home-based scale).
- NOTICE: It may not be possible to download a PDF file directly to your iPad or Android tablet/mobile device without a download app. I use Acrobat Reader in combination with Dropbox to download files using my mobile device.
- You do NOT need a PayPal account to purchase, simply enter a debit or credit card at checkout by clicking the 'Don't have a Paypal Account?' link.