Leather Piece for Minimalist Wallet Snap Tab
Looking for a piece of leather for the Snap Tab of the Minimalist Wallet pattern? This is a pre-cut piece of leather cut to the exact size you need for the Mini or Regular size wallet. Choose your size and color from the drop down menu.
You will also need a hole punch in order to attach the snaps through the leather. There are links to the hole punches I personally use and like in this post. Pick up a Snap Starter Kit here if you don't already have snaps. Please note that this listing is for the leather piece only, not the finished wallet nor the pattern. Minimalist Wallet PDF pattern can be purchased separately here.
Do not iron leather! You can burn it very quickly by touching it with a hot iron. Instead, when wallet is open, press (up to top seam where the leather is inserted) carefully on both sides.
See below for choosing colors, tips on sewing with leather, and additional information.
- Medium Brown and cinnamon (current cinnamon is a new updated color, it won't match previous cinnamon purchases prior to Nov. 23, 2017) colors are a 3-4 oz. weight leather, most* home sewing machines should be able to sew through the leather.
- Rustic color is a 4-5 oz. weight leather, some (but not all) home sewing machines should be able to sew through the leather.
- Natural color is a 5-6 oz. weight leather, some (but not all) home sewing machines should be able to sew through the leather. This vegetable tanned leather will darken to a beautiful amber color over time with exposure to sunlight and general use. The sides have been beveled and lightly hand-burnished for durability and longevity and a light coat of oil has been applied.
Sewing with leather:
- I advise using a leather needle or topstitching needle of a size 14 or 16 and polyester thread for sewing the leather into a seam.
Leather is sourced from a US tannery and hand cut by me. Please be aware that colors do vary from monitor to monitor, I have tried my best to accurately capture the leather's true color. Leather is a natural product, minute blemishes may be present.
* I cannot guarantee that your specific sewing machine will be able to sew through either weights of leather. Pieces are shipped USPS First Class. Please contact me if you require a different shipping method.