Crescent Tote Pattern
This petite tote is perfect for stashing a knitting project and a few essentials. The small shape fits snugly under your arm and the curved lines really play up its feminine design. The zippered front pocket holds those little items you want to keep secure and easy to access—while adding a fun detail—and its flat bottom makes it easy to set on a table. You’ll love keeping this tote by your side!
- front zippered pocket
- interior zippered pocket
- flat bottom
Skill Level: Advanced Beginner
Approx. Finished Dimensions: 10¾” [27.3 cm] tall, 10” [25.4 cm] wide and 5½” [14 cm] deep (measured at oval base)
Requirements based on 44”-wide fabric.
- 5/8 yard [.57 m] Exterior Fabric
- ¾ yard [.69 m] Lining Fabric (includes interior pocket)
- 1 yard [.91 m] Fusible Woven Interfacing (Pellon SF101 – 20”-wide)
- ½ yard [.46 m] Fusible Fleece Interfacing (Pellon 987-F – 44”-wide)
- (1) 6” [15.3 cm] zipper for interior zip pocket
- (1) 8” [20.5 cm] zipper for exterior zip pocket
- 1¼ yds [1.2 m] of 1½” [3.8 cm] wide cotton webbing (for handles)
Recommended Fabrics: Canvas (7-9 oz. weight) for exterior fabric. Quilting cotton for Lining.
Additional supplies + tools: Cutting mat, gridded ruler, rotary cutter, pinking shears, water-soluble pen/tailor’s chalk, size 14 or 16 denim or Microtex needle, polyester thread, Sewline glue pen
Sample fabric is River Rocks (navy) and Add It Up (warm peach) by Alexia Marcelle Abegg for Ruby Star Society coming to shops October 2019.
*This pattern includes metric and imperial measurements.
For Digital (PDF) pattern:
For Paper (printed) pattern:
Paper pattern version includes instruction booklet with step-by-step instructions and professional illustrations, full-size pattern pieces and rotary cutting instructions/measurements for the four rectangles, full-color cover sheet, all tucked into a resealable poly bag. Paper pattern is shipped via USPS.
- Sell finished items! You (the purchaser of this pattern) can sell finished Crescent Totes made using this pattern (on a home-based scale) , credit to Anna Graham www.noodle-head.com is appreciated!
- NOTICE: It may not be possible to download a PDF file directly to your iPad or Android tablet/mobile device without a download app. I use Acrobat Reader in combination with Dropbox to download files using my mobile device.