Campfire Messenger Bag PDF Pattern
Note: This is a digital (PDF) sewing pattern.
Get organized with this classic styled messenger bag. There are ample pockets and space for everyday use.
- Feature your favorite print on the Flap
- Adjustable strap
- Zippered, pleated and slip pockets
- Optional top zipper closure
- Hardware flap closure, plus two alternate closure options!
Skill Level: IntermediateApprox. Finished Dimensions: 9½” W, 11½” H, 2½” deep at base
Want to see more examples? Check out #campfiremessengerbag on Instagram!
Please see description and materials list below!
Materials needed:+ Requirements based on 44” wide fabric. FQ=Fat Quarter=18" x 22"
- Exterior fabric, 3/4 yard
- Lining fabric, 3/4 yard
- Flap fabric, FQ
- Accent fabric (binding, strap, slip pocket, zip pocket lining), 3/4 yard
- Fusible Woven Interfacing (Pellon SF101), 2 yards
- Fusible Fleece or ByAnnie's Soft and Stable, 1/3 yard
- 6" non-separating zipper
- 12" non-separating or separating zipper (optional top closure)
- Size 24 Metal Snap, 2 sets
- 1/2" x 1" Metal Rectangle, 4*
- 1" Metal Strap Slider
Alternate Closures: (4) 1” D-Rings and 1”x 16” scrap leather, or use fabric instructions (and * = omit 2) OR (2) tuck locks (and * = omit 2)
Additional supplies + tools: Thread, water-soluble pen, cutting mat, ruler, rotary cutter, turning tool, 1/4”-wide fusible web tape, (2) 1/4” x 5” strips of leather/ribbon for zipper pull(s), denim needle, snap setting tool, 3/4”-wide sew-in hook-and-loop tape or additional size 24 metal snap (for optional flap and/or back pocket closure)
Supply sources (with links) included in the pattern file.
- Download links expire after 9 download attempts. Please download the pattern file to your computer for future use.
- This pattern is a PDF file instant download. Please be sure to check the email address you entered at checkout, the instant download link will be sent to that email address (a receipt screen with the download link will also pop up after you complete the transaction).
- This is a 16-page PDF pattern with full size print-at-home pattern pieces, rotary cutting measurements for rectangular pieces, and includes detailed step-by-step instructions with over 40 detailed illustrations.
- Sell finished items! You (the purchaser of this pattern) can sell finished Campfire Messenger Bags made using this pattern (on a home based scale).
- NOTICE: It may not be possible to download a PDF file directly to your iPad or Android tablet/mobile device without a download app. I use Acrobat Reader in combination with Dropbox to download files using my mobile device.
- You do NOT need a PayPal account to purchase, simply enter a debit or credit card at checkout by clicking the 'Don't have a Paypal Account?' link.
- Please download the pattern to your computer for future use.