Caravan Tote & Pouch Pattern
Caravan Tote & Pouch! A useful and sturdy tote with lots of great organized storage. You’ll be ready to go whenever life calls. Cute coordinating zippered pouch included! A special thank you to Heather at .House. of A La Mode for collaborating with me on this project! Stop by Instagram (@houseofalamode) to see what she's up to.
- Exterior zippered pocket and exterior flap pocket
- Knitting needle slip pocket & yarn guides
- Bonus Zippered Pouch
- Mix and match your favorite prints!
Advanced beginner to intermediate (depending on what features you choose to include)
Approx. Finished Dimensions: 14” H x 14 1/2” W, 23” including handle, 5” D; Pouch: 7” H x 10 3/4” W
Please scroll down for materials list and purchasing information!Want to see more examples? Check out #caravantote on Instagram!
Materials needed:+ Requirements based on 44” wide fabric. FQ=Fat Quarter=18" x 22"
- Exterior Fabric 3/4 yard (1/2 yard if not making pouch)
- Contrast Top/Pocket Fabric 1/2 yard
- Zippered Pocket Lining Fabric 3/4 yard
- Lining Fabric 1/2 yard
- Lining Center Panel Fabric FQ
- Interior Slip Pocket Fabric FQ
- Handle Fabric** 1/4 yard
- Fusible Woven Interfacing (Pellon SF101 - 20’’ wide) 2 1/2 yards
- Medium Weight Fusible Interfacing (Pellon 809 - 44” wide) 1 yard
- 14” Zipper (tote); 10” Zipper (pouch)
- 18mm Light-strength Thin Magnetic Snap
- 2 sets 8mm Grommets
- 3 sets Size 24 Metal Snaps
- 2 1/2" piece 1”-wide Twill Tape/ Ribbon/Thin Leather
Additional supplies + tools: Thread, water-soluble pen, 1/4”-wide fusible web tape (optional), cutting mat, ruler, rotary cutter, seam sealant, turning tool, (2) 1/4” x 5” scraps of leather/ribbon for zipper pull, denim needle, snap setter, grommet setterRecommended Fabrics: home dec, heavy linen, denim, canvas, twill, duck cloth, for exterior and lining. Quilting cotton for lining.
| For Digital (PDF) pattern:
For Paper (printed) pattern:
Paper pattern version includes instruction booklet with step-by-step instructions and professional illustrations, pattern sheet for all non-rectangular pieces, rotary cutting instructions/measurements for all other pattern pieces (just cut and sew, no need to cut out pattern pieces), full-color cover sheet, all tucked into a resealable poly bag. Paper pattern is shipped via USPS.
- Sell finished items! You (the purchaser of this pattern) can sell finished sewn items made using this pattern (on a home-based scale), credit to Anna Graham www.noodle-head.com is appreciated!
- NOTICE: It may not be possible to download a PDF file directly to your iPad or Android tablet/mobile device without a download app. I use Acrobat Reader in combination with Dropbox to download files using my mobile device.