Hillside Tote PDF Pattern
Note: This is a digital (PDF) sewing pattern.
Perfect for on the go when you want something a little simpler but still keep organized. This classic crossbody with a zip top closure will be one you will want to make over and over again. Feature your favorite print or keep it simple with a solid! Includes front and back exterior pockets and interior pockets. Adjustable strap makes it wearable in any season. Perfect for gifting! Regular size and mini!
- top zipper to keep your belongings secure
- front and back exterior pockets
- two sizes to sew, regular and mini!
Skill Level: Advanced Beginner
+ Approx. Finished Dimensions: 9 ½” wide by 3” deep (measured at base), 9 ¼” tall, width at top opening is 12 ½” [8 ¼” wide by 2 ½” deep (measured at base), 8 ¼” tall, width at top opening is 10 ½”]
Requirements based on 44”-wide fabric.
Exterior fabric requirement* not suitable for one-way directional fabric.
Mini size noted in [brackets].
FQ=Fat Quarter (18” x 22”)
- ½ yard [FQ] Exterior Fabric*
- ½ [½] yard Accent Fabric (includes Exterior pockets and Strap/Strap Holders)
- ¾ [½] yard Lining Fabric (includes Interior Pocket)
- 2 ¼ [1 7/8] yards Fusible Woven Interfacing (Pellon SF101 - 20”-wide)^
- (1) 12” [10”] zipper for top closure
- (2) 1”-wide d-rings, (2) 1”-wide swivel clasps AND (1) 1”-wide strap slider (hardware kit available here)
- (1) 18mm thin magnetic snap (for front pocket closure) OR (1) size 24 metal snap can be substituted
Recommended Fabrics: Canvas (6-8 oz. weight) for exterior and Accent fabric. Quilting cotton or lightweight canvas for Lining.
^= depending on your exterior or accent fabric choice (such as a heavier canvas or a waxed canvas in a 7-9 oz. weight), you may be able to omit the interfacing for the exterior fabric and/or some of the accent pieces. For this option, reduce fusible interfacing requirement to 1 ¼ [¾] yards and do not interface those pieces.
Additional supplies + tools: Polyester thread, water-soluble pen/tailor’s chalk, cutting mat, ruler, rotary cutter, size 14 or 16 denim or Microtex needle, glue or glue pen, (optional) 1”-wide x 50” leather strap/webbing (or length as desired) may be substituted for fabric strap
Featured Fabrics are Surface by Amy van Luijk for Figo Fabrics.
- Please download the pattern file to your computer!!!
- You will have 9 download attempts, keep in mind each time you open to view the file counts as an attempt.
- This is a PDF pattern with rotary cutting instructions/measurements for rectangular pieces and includes detailed step-by-step instructions and professional illustrations.
- This pattern is a PDF file instant download. Please be sure to check the email address you entered at checkout, the instant download link will be sent to that email address (a receipt screen with the download link will also pop up after you complete the transaction).
- Sell finished items! You (the purchaser of this pattern) can sell finished Hillside Totes made using this pattern (on a home-based scale).
- NOTICE: It may not be possible to download a PDF file directly to your iPad or Android tablet/mobile device without a download app. I use Acrobat Reader in combination with Dropbox to download files using my mobile device.
- You do NOT need a PayPal account to purchase, simply enter a debit or credit card at checkout by clicking the ‘Don’t have a Paypal Account?’ link.