Crescent Tote PDF Pattern
Note: This is a digital (PDF) sewing pattern.
This petite tote is perfect for stashing a knitting project and a few essentials. The small shape fits snugly under your arm and the curved lines really play up its feminine design. The zippered front pocket holds those little items you want to keep secure and easy to access—while adding a fun detail—and its flat bottom makes it easy to set on a table. You’ll love keeping this tote by your side!
- front zippered pocket
- interior zippered pocket
- flat bottom
Skill Level: Advanced Beginner
+ Approx. Finished Dimensions: 10¾” [27.3 cm] tall, 10” [25.4 cm] wide and 5½” [14 cm] deep (measured at oval base)
*formerly published in Making Magazine as “Making Bag”, Issue No. 6/Black & White
Requirements based on 44”-wide fabric.
- 5/8 yard [.57 m] Exterior Fabric
- ¾ yard [.69 m] Lining Fabric (includes interior pocket)
- 1 yard [.91 m] Fusible Woven Interfacing (Pellon SF101 – 20”-wide)
- ½ yard [.46 m] Fusible Fleece Interfacing (Pellon 987-F – 44”-wide)
- (1) 6” [15.3 cm] zipper for interior zip pocket
- (1) 8” [20.5 cm] zipper for exterior zip pocket
- 1¼ yds [1.2 m] of 1½” [3.8 cm] wide cotton webbing (for handles)
Recommended Fabrics: Canvas (7-9 oz. weight) for exterior fabric. Quilting cotton for Lining.
Additional supplies + tools: Cutting mat, gridded ruler, rotary cutter, pinking shears, water-soluble pen/tailor’s chalk, size 14 or 16 denim or Microtex needle, polyester thread, Sewline glue pen
Sample fabric is River Rocks (navy) and Add It Up (warm peach) by Alexia Marcelle Abegg for Ruby Star Society coming to shops October 2019.
*This pattern includes metric and imperial measurements.
- Please download the pattern file to your computer!!!
- You will have 9 download attempts, keep in mind each time you open to view the file counts as an attempt.
- This is a PDF pattern with full-size pattern pieces that will be taped together before cutting fabric, rotary cutting instructions/measurements for rectangular pieces (four rectangular pieces), and includes detailed step-by-step instructions and professional illustrations.
- This pattern is a PDF file instant download. Please be sure to check the email address you entered at checkout, the instant download link will be sent to that email address (a receipt screen with the download link will also pop up after you complete the transaction).
- Sell finished items! You (the purchaser of this pattern) can sell finished Crescent Totes made using this pattern (on a home-based scale).
- NOTICE: It may not be possible to download a PDF file directly to your iPad or Android tablet/mobile device without a download app. I use Acrobat Reader in combination with Dropbox to download files using my mobile device.
- You do NOT need a PayPal account to purchase, simply enter a debit or credit card at checkout by clicking the ‘Don’t have a Paypal Account?’ link.