Road Trip Case PDF Pattern
Note: This is a digital (PDF) sewing pattern.
You'll take it with you wherever you go. This case is for anyone! Get organized!
- pocket option with flaps, great for anything from crayons to sewing notions, embroidery or cross stitch goodies
- pocket option for rubber band looms (specifically Rainbow Loom) and case/or additional loom
- see-through vinyl pocket to quickly see what you have
- portable and easy to customize
- hang it over a door knob when you're at home
Great for an advanced beginner and beyond, although it could be tackled by an adventurous beginner!
+ approx. finished dimensions: 13.5” wide, 9’’ tall (12.5’’ including handles), 18’’ tall when fully opened
Please scroll down to read materials list and additional purchasing information!To view more Road Trip Cases from other makers, check out #roadtripcase on Instagram!
Materials needed:FQ= fat quarter (18" x 22")
+ additional fabric necessary if using directional print
- 1 FQ exterior main+
- 1 FQ main lining+
- 1 FQ interior pockets
- 1 FQ interior accents
- 13.5’’ x 18’’ cotton canvas/fusible fleece
- 12.5’’ x 17’’ cotton batting
- 2 yards 1/2’’ double fold bias tape
- 14’’ x 10’’ 16-gauge clear vinyl
- 12’’ zipper
- 1’’ wide elastic
- 1/4’’ wide elastic (for long pocket version)
- 3 buttons
- (for alternate pocket) 3/4’’ wide hook & loop tape - 6’’
- 3 elastic hair ties (if not making fabric loops)
- scraps of fusible interfacing
- Download links expire after 9 download attempts. Please download the pattern file to your computer for future use.
- This pattern is a PDF file instant download. Please be sure to check the email address you entered at checkout, the instant download link will be sent to that email address (a receipt screen with the download link will also pop up after you complete the transaction).
- Sell finished items! You (the purchaser of this pattern) can sell finished Road Trip cases made using this pattern (on a home based scale).
- This is an 11 page PDF pattern with print-at-home pattern pieces (some of which will be taped together after printing), cutting measurements for rectangular pieces (saving time and paper!), step-by-step instructions, and detailed illustrations.
- NOTICE: It may not be possible to download a PDF file directly to your iPad or Android tablet/mobile device without a download app. I use Acrobat Reader in combination with Dropbox to download files using my mobile device.
- You do NOT need a PayPal account to purchase, simply enter a debit or credit card at checkout by clicking the 'Don't have a Paypal Account?' link.
- Please download the pattern to your computer for future use.