Road Trip Case Pattern
You'll take it with you wherever you go. This case is for anyone! Get organized!
- pocket option with flaps, great for anything from crayons to sewing notions, embroidery or cross stitch goodies
- pocket option for rubber band looms (specifically Rainbow Loom) and case/or additional loom
- see-through vinyl pocket to quickly see what you have
- portable and easy to customize
- hang it over a door knob when you're at home
Great for an advanced beginner and beyond, although it could be tackled by an adventurous beginner!
+ approx. finished dimensions: 13.5” wide, 9’’ tall (12.5’’ including handles), 18’’ tall when fully opened
Please scroll down to read materials list and additional purchasing information!To view more Road Trip Cases from other makers, check out #roadtripcase on Instagram!
Materials needed:FQ= fat quarter (18" x 22")
+ additional fabric necessary if using directional print
- 1 FQ exterior main+
- 1 FQ main lining+
- 1 FQ interior pockets
- 1 FQ interior accents
- 13.5’’ x 18’’ cotton canvas/fusible fleece
- 12.5’’ x 17’’ cotton batting
- 2 yards 1/2’’ double fold bias tape
- 14’’ x 10’’ 16-gauge clear vinyl
- 12’’ zipper
- 1’’ wide elastic
- 1/4’’ wide elastic (for long pocket version)
- 3 buttons
- (for alternate pocket) 3/4’’ wide hook & loop tape - 6’’
- 3 elastic hair ties (if not making fabric loops)
- scraps of fusible interfacing
For Digital (PDF) pattern:
For Paper (printed) pattern:
Paper pattern version includes instruction booklet with step-by-step instructions and professional illustrations, pattern sheet for flap piece and templates, rotary cutting instructions/measurements for all other pattern pieces (just cut and sew, no need to cut out pattern pieces), full-color cover sheet, all tucked into a resealable poly bag. Paper pattern is shipped via USPS.
- Sell finished items! You (the purchaser of this pattern) can sell finished sewn items made using this pattern (on a home-based scale), credit to Anna Graham www.noodle-head.com is appreciated!
- NOTICE: It may not be possible to download a PDF file directly to your iPad or Android tablet/mobile device without a download app. I use Acrobat Reader in combination with Dropbox to download files using my mobile device.